(This is a truncated curriculum vitae, please contact me at jimgetz at gmail dot com for a complete copy.)
- Doctorate of Philosophy, Near Eastern and Judaic Studies concentrating in Bible and the Ancient Near East (February 2011), Brandeis University. Dissertation title: “Limited Engament with the Divine: Temporary Rites of Cultic Transition in Ugaritic and Biblical Texts.”
- Master of Arts, Theology, concentrating in Old Testament (2001), Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Master of Arts, Theology, concentrating in Ancient Near East Language and Literature (2000), Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Bachelor of Arts, Biblical Studies and Theology, concentration in Biblical Languages (1996), Eastern College
- Lecturer in Intellectual Heritage (August 2009-present), Temple University.
- Adjunct Professor in Intellectual Heritage (August 2007-June 2009), Temple University.
- Adjunct Professor in Christian Studies (August 2007-May 2008), Eastern University.
- Information Research Consultant (August 2006-June 2007), Brandeis University Library.
- Teaching Fellow (September 2002-December 2004), Brandeis University.
- Graduate Building Supervisor (September 2002-August 2006), Brandeis University Library.
- Assistant Support Editor (September 2002-April 2003), Oxford University Press.
- Teaching Fellow (June 1999-March 2000), Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Teaching Assistant (January 1998-May 2000), Fuller Theological Seminary.
- “Ritual Priority in Nazirite Proscriptions” (March 2009), Society of Biblical Literature regional meeting in Baltimore, MD.
- “Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory: Seeing Gods in CAT 1.90, 1.64 and 1.168” (November 2008), Society of Biblical Literature annual meeting in Boston, MA.
- “Hurrying the Analogy: the Analogical Function of Hurrians and Beds in CAT 1.132” (November 2007), Society of Biblical Literature annual meeting in San Diego, CA.
- “The Nazirite Proscriptions in Num 6” (April 2007), Society of Biblical Literature regional meeting at Andover Newton Theological Seminary.
- “‘Boiling a Kid in Its Mother’s Milk’: Pragmatic Culinary Procedures in the Hebrew Bible” (April 2006), Society of Biblical Literature New England regional meeting at Episcopal Divinity School.
- “The Genre of Qohelet” (April 2002), Society of Biblical Literature New England regional meeting at Brandeis University.
- “An Analysis of the Tel Fekheriyeh Inscription” (March 2000), Society of Biblical Literature Pacific Coast regional meeting at Azusa Pacific University.
- Review of Aicha Rahmouni, Divine Epithets in the Ugaritic Alphabetic Texts. (Available online here.)
- Review of Itamar Singer, Hittite Prayers, in Journal of Biblical Literature 123 (2004): 143-45. (Available online here.)
- Review of John Kaltner and Steven L. McKenzie ed., Beyond Babel: A Handbook of Biblical Hebrew and Related Languages, in Review of Biblical Literature 5 (2003): 111-13. (Available online here.)
- Society of Biblical Literature (1999-present).
- Reading proficiency in biblical Hebrew, biblical Aramaic, biblical Greek, Ugaritic, Akkadian, Hittite, Phoenician, Syriac, Punic, Targumic Aramaic, German, French, and Spanish.